Thursday, February 18, 2010

It's like a really bad hangover, but different...

Hi there everyone! I survived another day and I keep on going!! I can do this! I know I can!! It really isn't THAT bad. If all of the treatments result in what I dealt with the last 30 hours or so I can definitely handle it! My mom is thoroughly impressed as to how I'm feeling. She thought for sure I would be hugging the toilet last night, but I didn't! I knew that getting sick wasn't going to make me feel better (like it does when you have a hangover or the flu) and I really didn't want to "lose" anything I had in me so held it all down! GO ME!

I got some GREAT sleep last night. I went to bed at 10:45pm and I woke up at 7:30am this morning I swear in the same position. My arm was even asleep because I had slept on it that long. Ha. I got up to use the restroom and that's when I felt like I was hit by a truck. Wow, it took me a minute to get up, I was super wobbly and dizzy (like I was really drunk!). It's quite comical to think about it now. I was fumbling all over the place. Made it to the bathroom and the back to bed. I slept for another couple hours. I didn't really want to get out of bed because I didn't feel like moving but I needed to take my meds and eat some breakfast.

Mom had spent the night and she has developed a bad cold so I think I feel better than her! Go figure. She was a great nurse though and made me an English Muffin with peanut butter on it so I could take my meds! It actually tasted really good. A couple hours later I felt hungry again and I had some leftovers of the beef stroganoff from last night. OH YUMMY! It was delicious! Then it was time to take a shower and get ready to get my shot.

I had to go to Fry's to get another prescription filled so we went there first to drop it off. Then, to Ironwood to get my Neulesta shot. It was a piece of burned a little bit but that was because it was cold going in (they keep it in the fridge). This is a white cell booster that will help them grow faster! Yippee. I may feel some side effects here in the next couple days like my bones feeling sore, but I will deal with that if and when it happens.

After the shot, went back to Fry's and got my prescription and a couple other things I forgot the other day and then it was back home. I sent Nurse Mom home and it back to my "station" for a much needed nap. I felt like I slept for only half hour but it was about an hour and a half. I needed it though.

So ya'all I've been doing very very very good. I am really happy with how I'm feeling, I mean I didn't really know what to expect because you hear so many things, but I know it could be worse. I think attitude has a lot to do with it and mine has been great. I can't sit here and feel miserable for myself. I just take it one day at a time and do what I can. :)

Thank you again for you support and nice messages. I love hearing from you all. :) It means the world to know I have such an ARMY out there thinking about me, praying for me, smiling for's amazing. I am so blessed.

Tomorrow is another day...

Love, E

1 comment:

  1. EB,
    You are AMAZING!! Keep up the good fight!!

    Erin---1 Chemo---0

    Love ya,