Thursday, March 11, 2010

What Chemo?

Hey all, you would never have guessed I was given a large amount of chemotherapy yesterday and pretty much had all my blood cells destroyed. I feel amazing today. I'm beginning to think they gave me fake chemo...haha.

My brother and I think it's the fact that I could be, but I really have no idea. I guess I am just taking this really really well, which is great news and I'm going to continue to roll with it! I'm just happy I don't feel like I've been hit by a truck.

The damn Prednisone has started taking it's part for the next 5 days though. I was wide awake at my magic hour of 4:30am this morning. I finished reading "Skinny Bitch" (it's a hoot if anyone is looking for a kick in the a*& to get healthy) and then I played on the computer and then decided I should lay back down...I think I fell back asleep around 6am. I really had no business getting up at that hour and my brother was snoozing away so I didn't want to disturb him!

Of course the phone rang 3 hours later so I got up then, then the doorbell rang twice (nobody I knew!)...and don't these people know I have cancer?! HA. I think I need a sign to put on my front door...better yet, I need a NO SOLICITING sign. I swear they come at the WRONG time. Now my brother was really up!!!

The only thing on my agenda today was getting my Neulasta shot at 2:15pm. My bro went to Loco to say hi to the peeps (I didn't feel like going) and to get us some food. He brought it back, and we were off to Ironwood. They were super busy again and I heard under-staffed today so I waited 45 minutes after my appointment time for my damn shot. I was in and out in 10 minutes after that! Home to rest, Ry took a little snooze before he left back to Green Valley.

His departure was tearful. He's so proud of me, yet it breaks his heart his sissy is going through this. I'm just so happy he was able to come up here, see what it's all about and to know in his heart that I'm doing JUST FINE and will BE OKAY! It was also nice to just spend time with him. I don't think we've had a brother/sister bonding like this in awhile. Too bad it was under these circumstances, but hey, I'll take it!

Tonight's just been emotional...but then again, I have my moments and they are good even though the tears flow. I was just thinking yesterday how I haven't really had a good cry in awhile...well today I did and I feel better. It's all part of the process that I want over soooo bad!!

Anyways, that's about it from here. It's been 5 weeks today. Wow. I still can't believe how good I feel, but I plan to keep it going. I'm on house arrest till Saturday morning...even though I feel good, I know my immune system is not up to par so I need to be careful...hence, staying at home! I'll hopefully be clearing out my DVR.

Thanks again for all your support and kind words, especially on Facebook. I smile a lot thanks to you all. :) Keep it up!!!

Love you all--

Bald-E head is really splotchy's funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment