Saturday, June 19, 2010


Hello everyone! Just wanted to check in and let you all know how I'm doing. Yesterday was a worse day than Thursday, but that's probably due to the WBC shot I got on Thursday. Mentally I felt great, I just didn't have much energy. Mom and Laurie came over though to keep me company, Laurie brought Oregano's (yum), we played games, put out all my 145 birthday cards I got on my pool table and had a photo session. Pics will come soon. Gotta figure out how to "share" them on Mom's new Mac! I couldn't think of a better way to spend a Friday night.

I woke up today feeling good, well for the first hour. I got up to get some food to eat (after I had been resting in my chair) so I could take my meds and I noticed my leg hurt. Just like it did in the beginning. I mean not unbearable pain like before, but still, pain. I got freaked out. It felt a little swollen too so I went to check it out in the bathroom and I had this weird rash on my upper thigh. What the heck is this? Didn't itch, didn't burn, you couldn't even feel it, just see it. WEIRD. So of course I try not to freak myself out, but that's easier said than done. I just wanted to talk to my Mom. Maybe she could calm me down! She did, enough to tell me to call my Doctor's!

So, I called. PA Scott is on-call this weekend so I was thankful for that since he knows "my story." He asked me some questions and of course was like "that's weird." HAHA. I swear Chemo has been weird to me. So, what he thinks is a possible infection and my lymph nodes are swelling because they are trying to fight the infection off. Makes sense to me. What this infection is I have no idea! He called in a prescription for some antibiotics for me and I will just keep an eye on it and hope it doesn't get worse. I've only taken 1 pill so far (I have to take 1 every 8 hours). I don't feel any better or worse, just the same. I feel achy today too...all I want to do is lay around and sleep, but guess what? I can't sleep either. I hope to get a good night's sleep tonight though. I've been watching my temperature closely too. Soup and ice cream for dinner lifted my spirits though. :)

So, I still plan on going to Mom and Dad's tomorrow for Father's Day. I don't have to look pretty, I just need to show up! Maybe it will do me good to get out of the house too.

It sucks that you get so close to the finish line and something like comes out of the blue and scares you. I really hope it's nothing, but it's still scary. The feeling of "that pain" again did not make me happy. Good thoughts people. I will check in tomorrow and let you know my status. I wish all the Father's out there a great day. I can't wait to give my Daddy a big hug.

Love you all--Infection Fighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment