Hello all! I am still feeling ah-may-zing. I can't complain. It feels better and better everyday to know that there is not a next time that I will be knocked off my feet. Hip hip hooray.
Sunday was my first day off in a quite some time where I felt good and was able to get things done. Boy did I get things done! I was one productive girl. I had a list of things I wanted to complete and I did just that. I also added one special project to my list. Back in February when I was in so much pain my Mom saw me sitting on my couch and just looked at me and said, "you don't look comfortable." I wasn't. We decided that we would bring in my Lazy-Boy recliner from the office into the living room and have that as my resting spot. It sure was much more comfortable. I have kept that recliner in here throughout my treatments and stay-cations because it was just more comfortable. I called it my station. I had everything set up around me so that when I was on house arrest and didn't feel like moving I had everything I needed in my station.
Well, on Sunday I was sitting in my station eating lunch and I realized I didn't need my station anymore. Chemo was over. I finished. I could put my living room back to normal! That I did. After I was done I just sat on my couch and started crying. Happy tears of course. Frank was quick to my side and I told him, "Frank, Mommy's just so happy that I don't need that stupid station anymore. I did it." So it felt good to reflect back on the almost 5 months and see just how far I have come. Wow.
I got a massage today. It was so very much needed. My body was beginning to hate me, but I think it likes me again because I pampered it today. Of course I enjoyed every single second of it and I wish it would have lasted longer, but thankfully I have 2 more massages, thanks to Loco! :) I'm already looking forward to my next one.
So this week is as normal as it gets. Work, work and more work. I am loving it though because I feel great!!
I will leave you with some more information I read recently. Here are the top 10 foods that increase cancer risks...interesting.
1. All charred food, which create heterocyclic aromatic amines, known carcinogens. Even dark toast is suspect.
2. Well-done red meat. Medium or rare is better, little or no red meat is best.
3. Sugar, both white and brown–which is simply white sugar with molasses added.
4. Heavily salted, smoked and pickled foods, which lead to higher rates of stomach cancer.
5. Sodas/soft drinks, which pose health risks, both for what they contain–sugar and various additives–and for what they replace in the diet–beverages and foods that provide vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.
6. French fries, chips and snack foods that contain trans fats.
7. Food and drink additives such as aspartame. DIET COKE!
8. Excess alcohol.
9. Baked goods, for the acrylamide.
10. Farmed fish, which contains higher levels of toxins such as PCBs.
Very interesting. Hope everyone is having a good week. Till the next time!
Love, Erin :)